June Birthstone Spotlight: Pearl
Pearls are a classic jewelry feature that’s been a steady stable for centuries. Known for its classic milky-white shade, pearls have been featured in jewelry collections belonging to royals, movie stars, and more. Beloved by people of every walk of life, this classic piece is stepping into the spotlight as June’s birthstone.
We’ve prepared a whole post to celebrate pearls this month, so read on. See if maybe you can learn something you didn’t know before. Do you celebrate this stone like we do? Is this anyone’s favorite gemstone? If it’s not, after the fun facts – it might be!
- Pearls are the only jewels created by living creatures.
- Pearls started being regarded as precious treasures early on in civilization, with the earliest records hailing from Mesopotamia around 2300 B.C.
- Every pearl is unique. No two are completely alike, and all have some imperfections.
- Valuable, natural pearls are found in less than 1 in every 10,000 wild oysters.
- Pearl oysters also have their shells used in jewelry, referred to as ‘mother-of-pearl.’
Are you a June birthday? Do you have a soft spot for pearls, or do you prefer a different stone? Do you like white pearls, or do you prefer those of the colored variety? Do you have any pearl jewelry you wear frequently? Let us know in the comments section! Until next time – good luck, and happy bidding!
Make sure to follow PropertyRoom.com on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ for more official police auction deals!