Earth Day Activities for Everyone
Earth Day is here – we’ve all heard of Earth Day at least once. Started back in 1970, and celebrated annually on April 22nd, Earth Day is a special occasion set aside for over 150 countries to discuss our collective impact on the environment, as well as finding ways to protect it. It’s a great opportunity to talk about recycling, as well as our own ways of reducing our carbon footprint.
Every year, people across the world plan their own Earth Day activities, and it’s a wonderful time for communities to come together to do something for the planet. We’ve compiled our own list of Earth Day fun that are entertaining for everyone – and good for the planet!
- Put together the tried-and-true peanut butter and bird seed bird feeder. Over the next few hours (or days!), keep track of the different kinds of birds that visit it.
- Plan on picking up recyclables that day? Set aside some materials to make and decorate some wind chimes – and hang them on the back porch.
- Everyone loves sidewalk chalk, and there are plenty of eco-friendly recipes for it. Once you’re done, why not collaborate and work on an Earth Day-themed mural on the driveway?
- If you’re more of a cooking and baking type, try your hand at an Earth Day cake, or a special themed meal. Make sure to make enough for seconds.
- Learn how to compost! Invite friends and neighbors, and use your compost to strengthen your spring garden.
Do you have your own special ways of taking care of the environment and the world around you? Have you composted before? Let us know in the comments – we’d love your feedback! Until next time, good luck, and happy bidding!
Make sure to follow PropertyRoom.com on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ for more official police auction deals!