Aquamarine – definitely a birthstone to share with your friends.
Available in a range of blue tones, this stone has been widely praised
for its sea shades and brilliance. Worn by everyone from soccer moms to
sailors, the blue gem stands alone as March’s birthstone.
We’ve prepared a whole post to celebrate the singular stone for this
month, so read on. See if maybe you can learn something you didn’t know
before. Do you celebrate this stone like we do? Is this anyone’s
favorite gemstone? If it’s not, after the fun facts – it might be!
- Also the birthstone for the zodiac sign of Scorpio.
- The stone can range in color from a pale blue to a blue-green shade. Teal shades are also common.
- Once, it was widely believed that aquamarine endowed the wearer with foresight, courage, and happiness.
- Sailors wore the stone for safety at sea and to prevent seasickness.
- The name aquamarine is derived from the Latin terms for ‘water’ and ‘sea’ – aqua marina.
- Aquamarine was believed to be a precious treasure from mermaids.
- It is held that the stone is a symbol of beauty, loyalty, and honesty.
- In mythology, aquamarine was a gift from Neptune, the god of the sea, to the mermaids.
Are you a March birthday? Do you appreciate aquamarine, or do you
prefer a different stone? Are you a fan of blue stones, or do you prefer
another shade? Do you have any aquamarine jewelry you wear frequently?
Let us know in the comments section! Until next time – good luck, and