Gemstone 101: Nuts for November Topaz
October is finally over, and November is here. It’s time for a new birthstone to discuss and fawn over. Is there any love for topaz out there?
Once believed to bring good fortune and health, topaz is a precious stone found in a wide variety of colors. We’ve got a fact list all about this stone – so take a break for a bit to learn something new. Be sure to tell us if you have an interesting bit of gemstone trivia that we might have missed.
Fun Facts About Topaz
- Red topaz, known as ‘imperial topaz,’ is highly valuable due to its rarity.
- During the Middle Ages, the stone was used by royalty and clergy.
- Ancient Greeks believed this gemstone could increase the strength of the wearer and provided help during hardships.
- The word “topaz” is derived from “tapas” which means fire in Sanskrit language.
- It is said that wearing topaz as a necklace can ward off sadness and grief.
Looking for a particular stone? PropertyRoom.com has you covered. Take a look at all of the loose stones up for auction right now: https://prrm.ws/3Lblnwn
Are you a November birthday who loves their birthstone? As this stone comes in nearly every color you could imagine – do you have a particular favorite color? Let us know in the comments.
Stay tuned for some information on December’s birthstone, or should we say, birthstones. Good luck, and happy bidding!