October is finally over, and November is here. It’s time for a new birthstone to discuss and fawn over. Any love for topaz?
Once believed to bring good fortune and health, topaz is a precious stone found in a wide variety of colors. How much do you know about November’s birthstone, or how much don’t you know? We’ve got a fact list all about this stone – so take a break for a bit to learn something new. And be sure to tell us if you have an interesting bit of gemstone trivia that we might have missed.
Fun Facts About Topaz
- Red topaz, known as ‘imperial topaz,’ is highly valuable due to its rarity.
- During the Middle Ages, the stone was used by royalty and clergy.
- The Ancient Greeks believed that this gemstone could increase the strength of the wearer and provide the much-needed help during hardships.
- The word “topaz” is derived from “tapas” which means fire in Sanskrit language.
- It is said that wearing topaz as a necklace can ward off sadness and grief.
If you’re a November birthday who loves their birthstone? This birthstone comes in nearly every color you could imagine – do you have a particular favorite color, or one you don’t particularly care for? What is your favorite way to wear your birthstone? Let us know in the comments – we love feedback from our readers and bidders! Until next time, good luck, and happy bidding!