Identify a new solution to handle the auctioning of surplus fleet for the City of Houston.
– Eliminate an extremely manual and difficult process for the City of Houston to manage surplus vehicles on a day to day basis.
– Decrease the growing backlog in their surplus fleet and create a consistent flow of assets and proceeds.
– Improve final auction prices, and therefore profits, for the City of Houston’s surplus fleet.
Utilizing the Sourcewell, formerly NJPA, contract the City of Houston
was able to bring on PropertyRoom.com with the co-op RFP features
that Sourcewell, formerly NJPA, offers while still meeting
requirements for contract selection.
– Using PropertyRoom.com’s Platinum Auction Services to take advantage of a full-service solution that includes secure towing to an off-site auction yard, access to a broad, online, and international bidder base and automated process for the entire auction process.
– Platinum Auction Services are built to reduce fleet administrative time in out-processing of surplus vehicles including eliminating public inspections of fleet on site, processing of bills of sale and Department of Motor Vehicle transfers of title and registration.
– Using PropertyRoom.com’s Platinum Auction Services, the City of Houston
expects to see an increase of $1,100 per asset on average by selling online
vs. selling at a local live auto online auction.
– Over 50 vehicles sent to auction and sold to date in just over 30 days with
– 74% increase over historical average winning bid for similar vehicle types.
“We had been looking for a better solution for auctioning our surplus fleet vehicles, and PropertyRoom.com’s full service model fit our needs. We could not be happier with the choice. The roll out went smoothly, they are selling our vehicles quickly, and the city is making more money” says Frank Carmody, Deputy Director of Administration and Regulatory Affairs for the City of Houston.
Interested in learning how PropertyRoom.com can help you?
Email us at Sales@PropertyRoom.com