Aquamarine – a birthstone to write home about. Available in a range of blue tones, this stone has been widely praised for its sea shades and brilliance. Worn by everyone from soccer moms to sailors, the blue gem stands alone as March’s birthstone.
We’ve prepared a whole post to celebrate the singular stone for this month, so read on. At the end, we’ve included links to relevant auctions – rings, necklaces, and more. Do you celebrate this stone like we do? Is this anyone’s favorite gemstone? If it’s not, after the fun facts – it might be!
- Also the birthstone for the zodiac sign of Scorpio.
- The stone can range in color from an almost colorless pale blue to blue-green. Teal shades are also common.
- It was once widely believed that aquamarine endowed the wearer with foresight, courage, and happiness.
- Sailors wore the stone for safety at sea and to prevent seasickness.
- The name aquamarine is derived from the Latin terms for ‘water’ and ‘sea’ – aqua marina.
- Aquamarine was believed to be a precious treasure from mermaids.
- It is held that the stone is a symbol of beauty, loyalty, and honesty.
- In mythology, aquamarine was a gift from Neptune, the god of the sea, to the mermaids.
Are you a March birthday? Do you appreciate aquamarine, or do you prefer a different stone? Are you a fan of blue stones, or do you prefer another shade? Do you have any aquamarine jewelry you wear frequently? Let us know in the comments section! Until next time – good luck, and happy bidding!
Make sure to follow PropertyRoom.com on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ for more official police auction deals!
March Birthstone Auctions