Gorgeous garnet, the January birthstone of choice. It’s not difficult for people to fall in love with this gorgeous red stone, but how much do you really know about it? Garnet boasts its status as the only birthstone for the month of January, and it’s also used to commemorate special wedding anniversaries – but what else is there?
To celebrate such a gorgeous birthstone to kick off our year, we’ve put together another fantastic blog post. Read on, and be sure to drop some feedback in the comments section! If we missed any essential information about garnets, let us know.
Fun Facts About Garnet
- Red garnet is the most familiar variety, but the stone can come in nearly every shade you can think of – from colorless varieties to black.
- Unlike other gemstones that needed to be mined from the earth, garnet is found in areas where certain varieties of other rocks have weathered down – usually in small streams, creeks, or puddles.
- Garnet is also a stone affiliated with the zodiac signs of Capricorn (Dec. 22 – Jan. 19) and Aquarius (Jan. 20 – Feb. 18).
- Garnet has been a favorite of warriors for centuries. I
- The name “garnet” comes from the Latin “Granatum,” known now as Pomegranate – the color similarity was uncanny.
Are you a January birthday with love for garnet? Do you try to work this gorgeous red stone into your style on a daily basis? Are there any interesting facts about garnet that you’d like to share that weren’t included in the post? Let us know in the comments – we love all feedback from our readers and bidders. Until next time, good luck, and happy bidding!